The ACCESS program promotes growth and life enrichment for people with disabilities through cooperative community efforts, while allowing individuals to participate as fully and independently as possible in all Community Education and Recreation programs, activities and events.
ACCESS aims to give individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate in social, educational, recreational and healthy activities throughout the community. Basics: Love to Learn
ACCESS will continue to offer quality educational classes for adults with disabilities and will advertise these classes through a direct mailing. If you wish to receive a direct mailing that contains ACCESS class offerings, please contact ACCESS Coordinator Michelle Sorenson at (507) 387-5501.
Click Here to Register for Classes
Let's Cook! Sweet Treats
- Develop and enhance your reading, writing and language skills through a fun, interactive classroom experience. There will be opportunities to socialize and share personal stories with your fellow students and teachers. Our experienced staff will provide individual and group lessons, based on your interests, to help you achieve your goals. You will have opportunities to expand and explore literacy through fun projects, activities, and computer programs.
Mankato Area Adaptive Ski Program
- Come learn about food, cooking, and being healthy! Throughout this 5 week course, you will be cooking a variety of meals and learning about topics such as: understanding a nutrition label, kitchen safety, and how to eat healthy at restaurants. We will be using the book Let’s Cook! Healthy Meals for Independent Living (© 2010, Appletree Press) in the class room.
- MAASP is excited to begin our 16th year on the slopes together! As always, our focus this season will be on Safety, Fun and Learning. We provide the instructors and equipment while our partners at Mt Kato provide your ticket. For just $25 per lesson, you can learn to ski! This is an amazing opportunity that you do not want to miss! All MAASP volunteers go through multiple training sessions to provide all skiers with a safe yet amazing down-hill skiing experience!
- Depending on volunteer availability, school trip lessons are also offered.
- Call 507-387-5501 to register.
- All registration packets MUST be turned in to the ACCESS office at Lincoln Community Center prior to skiing.
- Sundays in January 8 - March 5 from Noon-2:00pm at Mount Kato.