Mankato Area Public Schools’ Preschool program can help children transition to kindergarten by providing a learning environment to help them succeed. The program:
• has a four-star rating from *Parent Aware, which notes Mankato Area Public Schools’ Preschool is committed to providing quality education for preparing children for kindergarten.
• aligns with Mankato Area Public Schools’ practices.
• provides a high staff to student ratio.
• encourages parent involvement because it’s an important part of the district’s preschool program and is key to children’s learning success.
• offers morning and afternoon classes at multiple sites
2018-19 Preschool Fees
4 day per week, 3 hours per day $1350 per year- or 9 monthly payments of $150
3 day per week, 3 hours per day $990 per year- or 9 monthly payments of $110
2 day per week, 3 hours per day $810 per year- or 9 monthly payments of $90
Payments are due on the 1st of each month September-May. A two week notice is required if you wish to no longer have your child enrolled in the MAPS preschool program.
The Creative Curriculum by Teaching Strategies -Covers the developmental areas of social-emotional, physical, language, cognitive, literacy, math, science, social studies and the arts. The classroom environment is setup to facilitate learning through hands on, play based activities. Teacher directed learning in small and large group instruction times. The curriculum aligns with the Minnesota Early Learning Standards and MAPS practices for Kindergarten transitions.
Pyramid Model -Social Emotional curriculum for Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
Building a classroom community and promoting peer relationships, social skill building , and positive behavior guidance are the main focus of the strategies used.
Our tools are researched based and used for lesson planning and individualized teaching. These assessments allow us to provide data for students transitioning into our MAPS Kindergarten classrooms.
TSG Gold- Ongoing observation based assessment that partners with the Creative Curriculum Goals and Objectives. This assessment is used program wide.